Relationship is at the Heart of it All
At Dogs In Harmony, we understand that dogs are family, and we want them to join you on every adventure. Dogs don’t come home knowing how to navigate city life, and without trust, communication, and consistent direction, many dogs struggle to meet the demands of the human world. Enjoyable walks, fetch in the park, hiking with the family, being calm in the face of city noises, and being able to relax in the home while you work… these are all important skills that most every dog owner hopes for. In order to achieve these goals, a dog needs socialization, emotional stability, and the trust to know that it can look to you for direction and guidance. Our philosophy combines the science of dog training with the heart of true dog lovers to create effective programs that nurture the needs of dogs, facilitates trust through consistency and respect, and builds a better, more positive relationship.
Utilizing scientifically-sound, modern, and efficient training methods, we create programs that are fun and engaging, and help all of our students (human and four-legged) to learn and thrive. Dogs are driven to seek resources, reinforcements, and anything that makes them feel good. We utilize this natural drive to encourage the behaviors that we want, develop better relationships, and improve communication and understanding between our dogs and their owners.
We do not use fear, pain, or aversive methods to force a dog to do what we ask. These tools of discomfort are outdated and unnecessary.
Our dogs live in a modern world, and we utilize modern, evidence-based tools and techniques to train them. At Dogs In Harmony our goals are to:
· Make learning fun so that dogs want to engage with the process.
· Help dogs understand that great things happen when they work with you. Our pets are the center of our universe, and we want to be the center of theirs as well.
· Reduce unwanted behaviors by using industry-standard positive reinforcement techniques that show dogs alternate behaviors that are more desirable.
· Encourage emotional stability in dogs by working to address underlying emotions and triggers, and providing dogs and their families with the tools they need to change these emotions and reduce fearful or aggressive behavior.
· Provide you with the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to be an active part of your dog’s training, and to enable you to be successful in attaining your training goals.
You have many choices when it comes to finding a dog trainer, and hope that every dog has the opportunity to learn from someone who treats them like family.